TechnoServe South Africa invites your company to participate in this competitive solicitation for vegetable seedlings in the KZN (Ndumo). The project involves the production of 4 ha’s of tomatoes, 8 ha’ of green peppers and 4 ha’ of butternut as per the specifications in the RFQ . This RFQ document can also be viewed from our TNS website.
Total price must include all taxes and should be expressed in a per unit basis, based on the needs listed in Chart 1 below. Please also see planting schedule attached for date of various deliveries.
Chart 1: Description of Required Products
No Description of Products Unit Unit Cost (ZAR) Total Cost (ZAR)
1 Revelation Green Pepper seedlings 1000
2 Star 9037 Tomato seedlings 1000
3 Pluto Butternut seedlings 1000
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
The evaluation of each response to this RFQ will be based on vendor demonstrated competence,
compliance, format, and organization. The purpose of this RFQ is to identify service providers that have
the interest, capability, and financial strength to supply TNS with the product requested.
Selection will be based on price, quality of product and vendor experience. All quotes will be evaluated
and scored based on the following criteria:
Price – 25%
Delivery Time – 25%
Quality – 30%
Compliance (Company Reg. /Tax Clearance/BEE) – 20%
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Request for Quotes is not and shall not be considered an offer by TechnoServe.
2. All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFQ. All late
responses will be rejected.
3. All unresponsive quotes will be rejected.
4. All quotes will be considered binding offers. Prices quoted must be valid for entire period
provided by respondent.
5. All procurement will be subject to TNS contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the
availability of donor funding.
6. TNS reserves the right to accept or reject any quotation or cancel the procurement process at
any time, without assigning any reason, and shall have no liability to any vendors submitting
RFQs for such rejection or cancellation of the procurement.
7. TNS reserves the right to accept all or part of the quotation when awarding the purchase
8. All information provided by TNS in this RFQ is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject
to change at any time and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes. TNS is not
responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted
9. TNS reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
10. The bidders are solely obligated to pay for all costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be
incurred by bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All Responses and
supporting documentation shall become the property of TNS, subject to claims of confidentiality
in respect of the Response and supporting documentation, which have been clearly marked
confidential by the bidder.
Quotations will not be accepted by phone or fax and they must be valid for 30 days . Please specify the Unit Cost, VAT if applicable and the Total Cost.
Please send copies of your company registration, Tax clearance and BEE certificate along with the quotation.