TechnoServe is an independent, non-governmental organization providing professional support to Emerging Farmers. This support includes the acquisition of inputs and equipment for farming operations.
TNS- South Africa plans to do a project in the Ndumo area, KZN North. This project involves the production of 8 has of Salladette tomatoes and 8 has of Green Peppers. All this production will be under drip irrigation.
Responses to this RFQ should be sent via email no later than 5pm South Africa time on Friday, March 3, 2017 and be valid for 30 days and please specify the unit cost, Tax and the total cost of the products. Selection will be based on the availability of the product specified and price.
Total price must include all taxes and should be expressed in a per unit basis, based on the needs listed in Chart 1 below.
Chart 1: Description of Required Products
||Description of Products
||Unit Cost (ZAR)
||Total Cost (ZAR)
||Drip Irrigation for 1 ha
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
The evaluation of each response to this RFQ will be based on vendor demonstrated competence, compliance, format, and organization. The purpose of this RFQ is to identify service providers that have the interest, capability, and financial strength to supply TNS with the product requested.
Selection will be based on price, quality of product and vendor experience. All quotes will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria:
Price – 20%
Delivery Time – 30%
Product Quality – 30%
Vendor Experience – 20%
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Request for Quotes is not and shall not be considered an offer by TechnoServe.
- All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFQ. All late responses will be rejected.
- All unresponsive quotes will be rejected.
- All quotes will be considered binding offers. Prices quoted must be valid for entire period provided by respondent.
- All procurement will be subject to TNS contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
- TNS reserves the right to accept or reject any quotation or cancel the procurement process at any time, without assigning any reason, and shall have no liability to any vendors submitting RFQs for such rejection or cancellation of the procurement.
- TNS reserves the right to accept all or part of the quotation when awarding the purchase order/contract.
- All information provided by TNS in this RFQ is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes. TNS is not responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted there from.
- TNS reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
- The bidders are solely obligated to pay for all costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All Responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of TNS, subject to claims of confidentiality in respect of the Response and supporting documentation, which have been clearly marked confidential by the bidder.
CONTENT OF RESPONSE
All quotations shall:
- Be in the English language.
- Contain detailed cost in ZAR, with applicable Tax/Charges clearly identified, and provided against each of the categories of services described in Chart 1.
- Provide requested payment terms and conditions.
- Include a contact name, email address, and telephone number to facilitate communication between TNS and the vendor
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: